Why does ED Occur?
ED, or erectile dysfunction is a disorder of men’s genital system. It is a condition when a man is not able of reaching an erection, which would be firm enough for penetration and successful execution of a sexual act. This condition can be caused by numerous factors. Usually special distinguish three groups of ED reasons:
1) Physiological. This group includes such conditions and disorders as:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- endocrine disorders (e.g. testosterone decreasing);
- overweight, obesity and associated conditions;
- some chronic diseases, including diabetes and chronic kidney disease;
- urogenital disorders, for example, prostatitis.
2) Psychogenic. This group includes psychological disorders, such as:
- the anxiety of various etiology;
- fear of sex in general and fear of new relations, low esteem;
- stress, depression;
- fatigue, chronic tiredness, burning out;
- psychological traumas.
3) Mixed. Sometimes, ED is caused by a psychogenic reason, such as anxiety. If a man doesn’t address his problem properly, with the course of time his psychologic impotence grows into a real physiological inability of reaching an erection, as a result of a long sexual abstinence.
Is ED Treatable?
Though erectile dysfunction is a very annoying condition that can bring a lot of discomforts, it is not untreatable. Thanks to achievements of a modern medical science, the symptoms are effectively relieved even in case a complete impotence. It became possible after the discovery of PDE-5 inhibitors (Viagra and others). At first, these drugs were extremely expensive, but today thanks to the availability of generics everyone can get cheap Viagra analogues, which are as effective as the brand pill.
Keep in mind that these drugs are intended for symptomatic treatment. They do not eliminate the reason of ED as well as don’t have a long-lasting effect. At the same time, they are highly efficient and can be easily taken when needed. Taking into account minor Viagra side effects, it is really a number one solution for ED treatment.
Can ED Be Cured Forever?
In many cases, erectile dysfunction can be cured completely and forever. What do we need for it? First of all, to eliminate the reason of the disorder development. If ED has a psychogenic nature, it’s quite easy. A good psychotherapist will help you to cope with depression and anxiety. And stresses, fatigue and tiredness are cured by a good rest and change of scene.
If ED has a physiologic nature, it’s more difficult to get rid of it, though in some cases it is not impossible. The most common direct cause of ED development is a poor circulation, which can be disturbed by numerous reasons. So, if you faced symptoms of ED one day, your actions should be as follows:
- Don’t ignore the first symptoms. The earlier you start treatment, the higher chances of success are.
- Revise your lifestyle. If you are overweight, try to correct your dieting habits and increase the level of physical activity.
- Visit a cardiologist and check your cardiovascular system. Sometimes ED is just a symptom of a more serious problem.
Timely and adequate measures taken will increase your chances for success in the fight with erectile dysfunction. Moreover, during treatment, you may continue living sexual life as usual with the help of Viagra. If you are not sure whether it suits you, look for free samples of the drug from the manufacturer. Even one or two pills will let you see and estimate the result.
ED is an unpleasant issue, but it is not an end of life. If you do not ignore its symptoms and fulfill all recommendations, you will definitely overcome it.